Saturday, 27 June 2009

What a week.


What a week.
I have just returned from Woolfest with Margaret who drove, and am sitting reflecting on the past week.
It corresponds with this week last year when I didn't get to Woolfest so I have done better this year. And yes the 'big clean' has been done again.
Plus a major paint job on the kitchen. (Why do these things always get done in a rush ?)
But more later.
So, there I was, cleaning washing ironing vacuuming shopping ironing ironing ironing and there was a knock on the door, and the postman handed me a hoooge parcel from Daisie Davies
She said she had something for me and we couldn't manage a meet up because I was so busy so she very kindly sent it.

I couldn't imagine what it could be in this massive package...but look....can you read it?
Harris Tweed !
Its a thing of beauty, a solid wooden hanger with an engraved brass plate.

Just imagine my tweets hanging from that when I do a craft fair.
Thank you so much dear Daisie, I know you've had a sad week. It so kind of you.

Later that same day.........

My Fellpaintings arrived. This is a terrible photo but I can assure you it is a beautiful painting and I love it and its companion.

Sometime midweek I learnt that I had won this little chap in Michelle's giveaway which she ended early having received only 4 comments. I told her to try again but she very generously insisted I should have him so I'm very excited.

So onto Thursday.(.oh I nearly forgot our romantic evening out on Wednesday taking the old fridge to the tip followed by a supermarket shop, then on Thursday morning taking my elderly neighbour for her podiatry appointment)

On Thursday at 4 pm our first guests of the week arrived.
Our tutor for The Embroidery 2000 workshop on Friday, Carol Naylor and her husband.
This is a small sample of her work. I treated myself .

We had an enjoyable evening together, a meal and a walk, and plenty of wine, and the following day our group workshop in the studio on the bank of the river with a gorgeous garden, where we sat for lunch.

We all made lots of noise with our sewing machines and Carol was so generous with her techniques and materials.

Mine's the little wobbly one on the back row .

Friday afternoon, home, bit of ironing, change beds, quick clean round in prepapration for our next guest who I had never met before, a folk musician who wrote one of my favourite songs.
My husband brought him from the Traditions festival and I met him this morning briefly before I rushed out to Woolfest.

What a great day.
The first person I met was the lovely and talented Jenny Pepper.
The weather was just a bit sultry and I think I was fairly purple most of the day.

But other people were other colours!

I watched a young woman shear 4 young female sheep and one big ram in about 20 minutes.

The fleece was snowy white and beautiful and can you believe it could be bought for £3?

I spent a little bit more than £3!
I bought some lovely dyed silk tops from Oliver Twists.

I had intended to but large amounts of merino tops but I always buy less than I want .
I think I'm intimidated by the volume of it.

I got the colours I need for my next project.
I also met a lot of friends, sold a lot of brooches (Kandj I can't reply to you,I don't recognise the name,terrible memory,but thank you!)and saw a lot of beautiful things.
But, I have decided, that just because you can make something from wool, doesn't mean you necessarily should.
Post a Comment

st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.