Thursday 30 October 2008

Awards and Bravery.

Have I done something different?
Having spent quite some time working out that photos upload in a particular order I now find that they upload the other way..in reverse order.
If you know the answer please leave a comment and explain.
Anyway I have received a blog award from Jean of Genies Art World
Its quite interesting.
I have to award it to 4 people who are already followers of my blog and one person who is new.
So here goes:
Konnykards
FancyPicnic
From the House of Edward
Gunnels Blog
are my choice for the 4 existing followers, and I have just plucked one I like the look of from the top blogs by crafters list and that is
Rachael Rabbits Blogspot
So if the above bloggers would like to accept the award don't forget to leave to a comment on your chosen blogs and link back to the one who gave you the award (that would be me) and pass it on.



Quite apart from blogging I think I deserve an award.
I went for a day out to York on Tuesday to meet up with some of my college friends.

We met for the first time in September 1969, when we went to train as teachers, at a wonderful place called Strawberry Hill, almost 40 years ago.
We grew up together during three years at college.
We have kept in touch on and off and like true friends we can pick up where we left off no matter how long the gap since we met.

I deserve an award because I overcame my fear of heights and went up in this.

They deserve an award too because they put me to shame, and are all doing good things in schools, having continued to teach and to advise, weathering all the storms that have blown teachers from one new initiative to another recently.
I wimped out several years ago.

I am happier sewing.

'But there is no money in what is called the till' to quote Beatrix Potter.



11 comments:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Many thanks for the award Jackie - maybe I deserve it too because I stayed in teaching until I retired! LOL, Connie.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

What a surprise and what a treat! Edward and I thank you very much for presenting us with this lovely award. You are very kind! We do love our visits here.

You are also very brave, by the way. I'm not certain what that thing is that you went up in... but it is very tall and I am not sure I would have had the nerve!! Good for you!

Genie said...

You are brave, i dont like heights either, i might get up ok but its the coming back down.
Glad you had a great day

hens teeth said...

Jackie ~ I have found that the photo uploader has decided to reverse everything...just like Flickr ~ a real nuisance.
Glad you hd a good day out, even if it was spent at a great height!

gunnelsvensson said...

Thank you so much for the award Jackie!

Gina said...

I wimped out of "proper" teaching some years ago too Jackie... I think that is also brave in its way too!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

If thats the Strawberry Hill near Twickenham I know it well.
My sister lived there and I worked in Richmond.
Small world!

Victoria said...

Congrats on your well deserved award, Jackie!

'fancypicnic' said...

Hey, thanks, Jackie - glad you had a good time with old friends....nothing better!

Ooh, you are brave!!!

Wabbit said...

What a wonderful place to have gone to school! I'm terrified of heights too. The only exception for me is ski lifts. If I get to ski off of it, for some reason, it doesn't bother me much unless some idiot makes the lift hop up and down. So yes, you were very brave and you always deserve awards!

Kitty said...

Congratulations on your award - very much deserved.

And if I might take issue - I would say you are very much still teaching. Your blog is an education, let alone all the talks/workshop things you do.

Just sayin'. x



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.