Thursday 17 July 2008

Not one,not two,but three lovely things

This post is very self congratulatory so if it makes you feel nauseous skip it! (I apologise I've interfered with the precious html so these pics won't click)



I was getting a lot of 'favouriting' on ETSY so I had a root through the treasury to see why and I found that I had pieces in two treasuries so this is to say thank you to Terri and to Grace Napoleon Etsy can be a lonely place, so its nice to get a few more visitors now and then.

Even just the browsers and lurkers.
Then yesterday when I was flickring look what I found attached to one of my very old photographs.
I never know whether I should be pleased or affronted when this happens, but after I had clicked the link to the blog I was absolutely delighted and felt a bit weepy.
Its amazing how all sorts of people look at pictures on flickr and a young woman with a very good business head, who could be my daughter if I had one, is interested enough in my work, as different as it is from her own, to write in such glowing terms. So thank you Urban Threads, you've made an old (ish) woman very happy. (You can click on 'urban threads' but will have to scroll down the page to find the bit about me)

While I'm at the Oscar type speechifying, thank you to everyone who reads this blog for all your lovely and encouraging comments. Corny as it is they mean a lot to me. So don't just lurk, say hello.

One other fun thing. I decided to have look at who else is blogging in my area and I found Grumpy Old Mum She lists her interests as 'moaning, jigsaws and finding new swear words'.
Unfortunately it seems to have been abandoned. I wish she'd start it up again. It makes me laugh. Maybe you just have to be from Lancashire. There are only 5 posts and no pictures. The cutlery post is my favourite.

This is the negative bit and I'm thinking twice about saying it and I may even delete it,



Well I did delete it because I don't want to make enemies...but it refers to playlists.
Any thoughts on playlists anyone?

Edit/update:
  • 3 pieces of information : My posts are not showing up in google reader again. What should I do? Any ideas? And thank you to people who have still managed to find them and commented.
  • I've been told by Victoria that the top treasury also appeared on ETSY front page ..wooooo! At last!
  • If you want to know the gist of my feelings on playlists read the comment from 'Wabbit'. She too has jumped out of her skin at unexpected heavy metal!
  • Further update: Does this make ME a Grumpy Old Mum? I would just like it if the control panel for the music was easy to find, thats all.

16 comments:

Chris Daly said...

That was such a beautiful write up on your work. I whole heartedly agree with the author. Your art work is an amazing gift and I'm so glad you share it with us all. Well done Jackie!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love your work!
Sandra Evertson

Victoria said...

Congrats on all the good things!

By the way, that top treasury pic also made it to the front page of Etsy!

Anonymous said...

guess what? this post and the last one did not show up in my google reader! aargghh.
i thought GOM was funny too - i just *had* to comment on her cutlery post.

call me stupid but what is a playlist, and what could you say about one that could be contrued as negative?

Gina said...

Congratulations on all the positive feedback on your work Jackie. It is well deserved.
I don't know what a playlist is either so now I'm wondering!
Gina x

Unknown said...

after your post on 13th July about 12 posts dropped in my Google reader and I thought yah its working again, and now I find two more posts that haven't come through:(
don't know about playlists sorry.
but allways love to see your work

liz said...

Well I entirely agree with Urban Threads, your work is art. And what an interesting blog she has, thanks for linking to it.
Liz
x

Wabbit said...

Firstly, you are not old! You're somewhere in the vicinity of my age and might even be younger. Since I refuse to be old, I'm keeping you with me in youth!

Secondly, playlists. I love tunes but I love MY tunes. I hate it when blogs or any sort of website plays music at me unexpectedly. So while I have a play list that you can look at and even listen to - and here's the important bit, if you want to! - you don't have to and it doesn't intrude on my viewers.

Thirdly, you are sooooooo talented and sweet and sharing. I love reading your blog and I treasure the brooches you made that I now have. I hope you'll write more articles for zines so I can learn more of your secrets.

Thanks for being here, Jackie!
HUGS, Marilyn

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Ugh! Playlists! I HATE them. When I go to a blog and hear music I leave -- immediately! And once again -- well done Jackie!

Karen said...

I never use the pc with speakers on, silence is golden!!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello Jackie, I don't like music on blogs.
If the children have been on the computer they turn the volume up to listen to music etc...
Then I decide to have a peaceful 5 mins and click on some blogs and jump out of my skin!
I'm afraid I just avoid them now.
Thank you for your lovely blog.

Michala x

Anonymous said...

oh....Thats a playlist - yeah I hate music on blogs too. I dont normally come back to read comments once ive commmented - but I was checking to see if you had Google reader sorted yet.

Carol said...

Congratulations on your work and having it appreciated. That is SO important when we are making stuff out on our own and never sure if others will like it or not. And Jackie, I assure you, you're not old.
Carol in Sydney.

Lindsey said...

mwahahahaha I'm one of those demon bloggers who has a playlist!! To be hontest I've only had nice comments about it but then most of the music is folk and gentle stuff (although sometimes Bjork does jump out at people. lol
When I installed it I tried to position it near the top of the side bar so it was easy to find and switch off if required, but it was too wide and half of the Playlist box was chopped off.
I'll try again as I don't want to turn readers off my blog, but music is such a huge passion of mine, I wanted to share it with my readers as much as my crafting. Sorry if I offend (and extra sorry for hijacking your comments page Jackie :o) ).
I can't believe you are still surprised how much people love your stuff. You truly are inspirational, and were to me long before I knew you ;o) xxx

Terri Stegmiller said...

You are welcome Jackie! I enjoy your work tremendously and love looking at it...and hope to one day touch it in real life.

alice c said...

I have just enjoyed looking at your beautiful embroidery. You have a wonderful talent and how lucky we are to be able to share it via Blogland.

It is nice to meet you.

(from another Archers fanatic...)



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.