Saturday 1 November 2008

Silver Service

Mass production is not my strong point.

I like to surprise myself with each little unique creation, taking as much time as it takes to work the patterns and designs till I feel satisfied.

This is as near as it gets bulk sewing, and I can tell you I used the utmost restraint to stick to one colour for a whole stint.


I only managed it because the silver silk is so beautiful.



I did change the velvet from a lilac bias to a silvery blue on the one below.


I don't know whether to put them on Folksy or Etsy at the moment but I had two or three enquiries about them when I posted the last pictures so if you are interested they are available directly from me at ten pounds for the brooches and fifteen for the cuffs. including P&P to UK.

This last one is constructed in sections so has a square sided look.
Now for the Science:
The square one measures nine inches overall , two inches of it is the velcro tab.
The circle one is nine and a half overall, two inch velcro tab.
The flower one is quite small, eight and a half inches overall including two inch tab.
The velcro makes them slightly adjustable.
They can be worn loose or tight.
They can be extended slightly but a bit of velcro will show underneath your wrist.
They can be made smaller by tucking more velcro under.
Coming soon: A Green Day.
(PS: Have the word verifications got easier? They seem to have stuck more vowels in to make nonesense words and I haven't failed as many this week)

27 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

These are beautiful. I love the lilac and silver. Perfect for the festive season that approaches.

And I was thinking the same thing about the word verifications! Almost all mine have actually been pronouceable!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Isn't it funny to misspell pronounceable?

Beate Knappe said...

These are beautiful

hens teeth said...

Gorgeous, as ever, my friend! I'm sure they won't be around for long!

Kitty said...

Oooh, I noticed the word verification vowel thing too! :-O I thought I must have been imagining it - no more the zygwzk, but now zigwak ... which is much more satisfying.

Those brooches of yours are getting better and better. Absolutely stunning.

x

Chris Daly said...

I love the silver silk. It just glows. I've been in production mode too. I have all these amazing ideas popping into my head and not time to explore them. I have one more month of this and then it is time for me to sew what I want for a while!

Karen said...

stunninly beautiful pieces Jackie.

Maureen said...

Beautiful, all of them.

Jenny said...

These are stunning, I love the colour and design.

Gina said...

I love this colour scheme Jackie and I'm very tempted by the cuff with the flowers... fourth picture down? Is that for sale?

alice c said...

I find myself lingering over these pictures. I adore your embroidery. - the variety of shape, texture and colour is appeals at a very deep level. Thank you for sharing your designs.

hippopip said...

They are lovely please can I buy the circle cuff and brooch with the lilac velvet, how do I go about paying ?paypal,thanks Pippa

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

I love the silver, so beautiful.x

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooo!! Stunning!! your work is amazing .
Love from sesga xx

ArtPropelled said...

I love the silvery colour palette!

jennyflowerblue said...

How gorgeous! Very classy, I'm sure these will fly and are particularly lovely for Christmas.

jude said...

you have really combined precious fabrics and precious jewels conceptually. love it.

linda ianson said...

Hi Jacky,
I didn't get an email link from you, but post it out to me anyway. Look forward to catching up with you in Manchester, love your blog... Linda I

Jackie said...

I don't often post a comment on my own blog but this is for Linda..I sent you an e-mail immediatelt. Do you think I had the wrong address?
I'll send it tomorrow anyway.

Ahipara Girl said...

Mmmmmm, these are soooo cool! I love the geometry of your work, the hues and the stitchiness of it all. Delicious.

Jackie said...

And when I do leave a comment I should at least try to spell it correctly.

gunnelsvensson said...

I agree with you Jackie, mass production is not my strong point either, I also like to take the time every pieces will take to create, every creation is unique! But sometimes I do it twice ;-)
I do love your new jewellery!!! They are so beautiful!

solange said...

Your work is beautiful.

Victoria said...

Simply gorgeous!

julie king said...

so beautiful!!

Lorie McCown said...

wow, all the things people above said! amazing work..

Linda Vincent said...

Your talent always astounds me - such incredibly beautiful work. I look forward to the greens.
Love Linda xx



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.