Sunday 20 July 2008

A year for every heinz.

Guess what yesterday was?

I was 57....(Hoo b***** ray!)
Oh well.
I had an absolutely lovely day. Lots of cards, flowers and gifts, and,as you can see, even a card from Porky and Blodwen. I wonder who lifted them up to the letter box?

I got a new chair for my sewing room from my husband, and this amazing book, which was a complete surprise. One of the advantages of leaving the 'Embroidery' magazine in the bathroom.
A big bag of goodies from my friend Denise and some lovely Kit Heath earrings from my friend Anne
I had a visit and another beautiful book from my favourite cousin.
My sons bought me this..and I'm sure one day they'll come and show me how to use it!
This was from my lovely Mum, who knows how much I like fine dining!
We had booked a meal at that particular restaurant for my Birthday treat by coincidence, so the vouchers came in handy. It was a shame my Mum couldn't come.

But the best bit of my Birthday was being with my nearest and dearest. I apologise for the atrocious photo, and for chopping my husband out altogether. I blame the wine and the lovely food. And I was overcome with emotion at the goings on at the next table ...a proposal with a ring in the dessert and everything.

The 'This is' game this week is 'what makes me happy'
Lots of things make me happy.
This fits the bill exactly.
Thank you friends and family for giving me a lovely, happy, birthday.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday Jackie! glad you had a lovely day

Lindsey said...

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Jac-kieeeee,
Happy Birthday to yoooooooou."

It looks like you had a fab day. Just wish I'd known so I could have sent you a little something.
xx
(Sorry for my atrocious voice.)

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi Jackie,
Happy Birthday.
I have the felt book and it's so inspiring.x

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday Jackie, that book looks mouthwatering!

Kitty said...

3 posts in Google Reader all showed up at once, all of a sudden! How strange is that???

Anyway, just want to say a very big, loud, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' for yesterday! Looks like you did very well with your presents, and surely a blurred photo is the sign of a great evening.

x

Jackie Kirner said...

Happy Birthday, Jackie! Glad to see you were treated well!

jackie said...

You got really spoilt, I'm sure you deserve it - what a good idea to leave the mag. in a place where they are sure to notice.
Best Wishes.

Anonymous said...

Penblwyd hapus it ti
Penblwydd hapus it ti
Penblwydd hapus i Jackie
Penblwydd hapus it !!
Welsh version
Love from sesga xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I got all three posts in Google reader - but just got your comment explaining. Im so glad you got it sorted. bloody technorati.
What a wonderful birthday. That book is gorgeous. I have been drooling over it so much in my local shop i think they will force me to buy it.

Chris Daly said...

Happy Birthday Jackie. Lucky you to be surrounded by so much love :)

Chris Daly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
herhimnbryn said...

Happy Birthday to you.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Jackie, you sound like you had a wonderful day!!!! That Felt book looks like a really great read, what a clever hubby you have. Wishing you a great year full of joy, happiness, love and creativity....X

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday Jackie! How wonderful to be so loved!

Genie said...

HAPPY BELATED BIERTHDAY WISHES
Cheers Jean

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great day :)

Annica said...

Happy Birthday Jackie!

Julia said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Jackie!!!
Looks like your birthday was just perfect.That felt book looks very interesting.
Best wishes,Julia x

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Happy birthday Jackie!!!

hens teeth said...

Glad you had a great birthday ~ belated birthday happiness wishes to you x

LingoVise Says... said...

happy, happy birthday J!

hope you had a sensational day & that you got to eat lots n' lots n' lots O cake!

ArtPropelled said...

Glad you had a happy birthday, Jackie!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.