Sunday 6 July 2008

Mor Karbasi .

Two posts in one day? Its because I want to show you Mor Karbasi and can't edit the other one without losing all the links. This is really the second half so if you read this, go back to 'This is..' and read that and please let me know if you have any solutions to my link problem.

This was not the best song she did but it was the only one I videoed. I've had to cut it short for the upload. I'd love to know what you think.

Her voice and movements are amazing, and Joe Taylor the guitarist and co-writer of some of the songs, was perfect for her singing. She sings in Hebrew and in English, songs in the tradition of Jews exiled from Spain in the 14th Century, and there is a strong flamenco influence. (I need to find out more) It wasn't what you expect to find in a Village hall in Lancashire on a wet and dreary Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Jackie - I've missed so many of your posts. I thought I was being really clever with Google reader but I've obviously typed in your address wrong! Will catch up soon - promise!
PS I love those boots a couple of posts back!

Julie said...

Wow what an amazing voice no wonder you had tears in your eyes. Music can really reach in and touch your soul at times.

That bear of yours looks well loved, just the way a bear should be....X



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.