Sunday 30 September 2012

In the Zone


These days sadly for this blog, my first stop for posting my photographs is Facebook. 
For those who don't use it, I have a normal facebook account for everyday stuff that only friends can see, and I have a 'page' for anyone to look at with just my textile work on it.  (Update for all those who asked its here: Jackie Cardy textiles )
It can be 'liked' by people and on Friday morning I had about 820 likes.
Then I uploaded these pictures and suddenly there was an absolute torrent of comments, likes, shares and now I have 960 likers.
For those of you who do use facebook I expect you'll be sick of the sight of these by now!



 Now, I'm not vain  enough to think that this actually means anything significant but its shown me that these pieces were well received so I must be doing something right!
When I made them I did feel as though I was 'In The Zone' which is an expression my son used once when I told him I'd had a very high score in tetris.

 Often when I sit down at my machine I can make what look like 'the same' sorts of thing but they just lack a little something and don't thrill me .
These did. I just love the way the colours work together somehow. Especially the leaf with the yellow centre on the left. It had a lovely blend of lime and jade down the side that was unexpectedly delicious.
I had made all these pieces as a selection for the delightful Lazyhill Gallery in Abbotsbury, Dorset, but when I showed them to Rachel for her to choose she wanted them all! 
I am so grateful.
Meanwhile I will be making some similar ones for other places.....if I am in the zone again.


28 comments:

Twiglet said...

Well maybe I should use my Facebook account more - and pop over to see your page. The latest items are as scrumptious as usual. x Jo

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

Gorgeous!! All of them, I love those rare in the zone moments. Just started facebook account. Its so easy to use from my phone!

Jules Means said...

I looked for you on FB, but need a link from your blog site I think...Jules in Massachusetts
PS I love the pic of Hetty in the water. Our corgi did the same thing, trotted down a dock and popped right down into the lilypads and disappeared..! He's fine, although his dignity was shattered.

arlee said...

I never tire of seeing you anywhere, Jackie. Bright little gem blips that start my eyes day right :)

Unknown said...

I love your work, these are just inspired, each one is a delight to behold and I'm sure the ones you make will only be to replace those that have already sold - well done

Rachel said...

They do have a particular vibrancy and lightness to them - definitely "in the zone"!

Sandy said...

I can see why she wanted all of them. They are scrumptious.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love your work...I don't like FB..I see why people are there, both socially and professionally. I'm always glad to see your blog posts.
xx, Carol

Deborah Walker said...

How do we find you on Facebook?

Heather said...

I could look at them for hours and not get fed up, and I want them all too! I love the more intricate shapes but somehow the simple leaf designs with the gorgeous merging colours are absolutely the tops. You deserve all those 'Likes'.

Wendy said...

They are stunning, I can see why people love them.

Theresa Evans said...

These are beautiful ... I am one of those who still prefers blogs ;)

Jackie said...

Just a reply to all the lovely comments I can't reply to personally: . Thank you all and my fb 'page' is https://www.facebook.com/jackiecardytextiles
See you there.xxx

Anna said...

You were certainly in the zone, delightful colurs, well done.

Gina said...

The colours in those brooches are stunning Jackie. Definitely in the zone!

Anonymous said...

The brooches are gorgeous and I never tire of looking at them. The colours are always so scrummy!

Abbotsbury is a wonderful place. I'm not at all surprised that the gallery wanted all the pieces.

I'm glad you blog about them because I don't do FB. I used to, but soon tired of it. I found it too time consuming because there was so much trivia to sift through.

Jenny Rodriguez said...

Simply amazing!! Can you link you FB page? Would love to follow!

madewithloops said...

Hi Jackie,

You know how much I like your things...simply stunning.
I am so glad to find that you have now got a following in Germany. My friend Marion Kaesmayer talks about you and how much she loves your things.
I hope all is well with you and you haven't been flooded.
Best wishes
Heike xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

More gorgeous stuff as are the ones below :-)
Anne x

Robin Mac said...

Of course the gallery wanted everything - and probably more if you make it! They are stunning. cheers

Carol said...

Lovely!

Maggi said...

I'm nor surprised that these generated so many Likes on your page. They are gorgeous. Keep on in the zone.

Beacee said...

They are sooo gorgeous!
Barbara x

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

Hi again Jackie my Facebook page is Piccalily&Blossom hope that you can find it. I have tried to search for Dog-Daisy Chains but when I do on Facebook it directs me to your blog. Is this how I follow you on Facebook? Sorry I'm a little unsure.
Take care Blossom x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm afraid facebook and I are not on friendly terms so I'm quite happy to see your goodies on your blog. These latest ones are such cheerful little things - I love them!

Connie said...

I think all of your work is stunning! Just love the colors you use and the details make it all so elegant and beautiful.

Connie said...

I think all of your work is stunning! Just love the colors you use and the details make it all so elegant and beautiful.

Linda Vincent said...

Oh you are so 'in the zone' Jackie
;-)Love seeing your work here and on FB.... well done for all those 'likes'.
Beautiful treasures as always...
x



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.