Thursday 20 September 2012

Hear ye..hear ye....

Let it be known among all those e-present that the fair ladies from the Guild of Embroiderers within the borough of The City of Preston request your company to view their handwork at Barton Grange Commencing today 20th September and proceeding for one week hence.


I thought since we were at the end of Preston Guild I'd try a bit of a proclamation. Sorry if I got the language wrong but I'm sure you get the gist. We spent a very tiring but very pleasant day yesterday hanging the exhibition without any fuss in a spirit of getting the job done. The Barton Grange Staff were wonderfully helpful. 
I must say the exhibition looks superb with something for everyone.
We had lunch together in the cafe there, delicious and we packed up just in time for cake-o-clock and went home shattered but satisfied. Now all we need are visitors to see our efforts.

In the meantime I have been working on my usual, and come up with a plan.
I have made a whole lot of pieces to be made into brooches but suddenly wondered if anyone might want to buy them as 'patches' to do with what they will?
So I've decided to have a patches sale. If you wander over to my etsy shop in about an hour from now..(of course that all depends on when you read this but lets say Thursday tea time BST)there will be sets of patches available.
Here are a few photos.
First a foursome in pinks and greens.
 Then two of the 'hattifattners'
 and two more
 Here are two made in the Charleston-inspired felt that didn't quite make it to the final piece .
 two tropical garden types.
 a round and a leaf
 twice.
Allsorts. 
And as I don't have all the fuss and bother of making them into brooches, adding backings and  trimming, they will be considerably less expensive.

There are of course other things I have made into brooches. 
Because I have to imagine what other people might like I try different  colour combinations and sometimes I surprise myself. 

 Who would have thought this dull black with splashes of olive felt when combined with olive velvet would be so.....
 ...well......
..............I have to admit ...stunning. I love it.
I surprised myself.

15 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

The black with olive is stunning...loverly:)

Jeanette, Mistress of Longears said...

Lovely collection! I don't have a bucket list (despite the popularity of them just now) but if I ever start one, it will definitely include a trip to GB timed to coincide with one of your shows. How wonderful to be immmersed in the whole collection!

Rachel said...

It sounded like pretty good High Medieval to me. I don't think I can make the exhibition, but I hope it goes well for you!

Heather said...

Wish I lived near enough to visit your exhibition Jackie. Great idea to sell some of your pieces as patches and those in the last two or three photos are gorgeous - so dramatic and elegant.

Annie Cholewa said...

Stunning indeed, I really really like the black and olive!

I'm not so very far away, will try to get to the Preston Embroiderer's Guild show :D

Marga said...

OOOhhhh are they beautiful!! gr.
Marga

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the exhibition!

I adore those olive pieces - fantastic.

Anna said...

Yummy work, well done. Good luck with the exhibition.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

drool, drool - I do so like your wee creations and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't look at my framed piece of your art and do a mental happy dance. As for the hear ye, hear ye - wish I could say I lived near so I could!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Beautiful pieces.

Robin Mac said...

All your work is so beautiful Jackie, but the colour combination in those last few pieces is stunning - so dramatic. I have had lots of lovely comments about my heart - all very complimentary about your work. Cheers

5 Ladybird Lane said...

I follow lots of crafty/sewing blogs, many of then talk of exhibitions. I sigh and think if only I lived closer. But I do live close and I can go!!! Yippee. Thanks for mentioning it. Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all a very successful exhibition - check out my page for our Guild exhibition photos which was in May of this year as part of Dorset Art Weeks. Christine Poole came to our private view afternoon tea and was most complimentary. Keep stitching and keep the guild alive!

FeltersJourney said...

Stunning work as always! Love the black & olive combo - very sophisticated!
Hope the exhibition is going well
x

Lorely Forrester said...

I have to say, if I lived within a gnat's crotchet of Preston, I'd be there like a shot, with everyone I know in tow. Sadly I don't! I hope it goes well.
All your pieces are - as ever - fantabulous!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.