Saturday 15 September 2012

Inspired by Charleston

 This felt has appeared before.
 Its mellow palette was inspired by the interior of Charleston Farmhouse Sussex which we visited just before this time last year. 
I had been thinking about what to do with it and recently I got down to it and produced a whole pile of little pieces as is my wont....which I then stitched to a background.
 Near to it was ok, but from a distance....
 too confusing.
So I made a nice neutral piece of felt, got out my un-picker and re-positioned the pieces.

 I am really quite delighted with the outcome.
 Thought I'd share.


 It looks sort of Heraldic


 Well....anyway..there it is.



However funds this year did not stretch to that bit of heaven so as I felt the need to be on an Island we went last Sunday to Anglesey in order to walk to Llanddwyn Island. Bu all accounts a very special place. However when we arrived after a 2 and a half hour drive we found there was a dog ban between 1st May and 30th September,  so we were confined to this beach..which was very nice but not Llanddwyn. 
(See the kite surfers? It was windy.)

And definitely not Symi.

I liked this though.

24 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your "heraldic" piece!

arlee said...

Jackie, wonderful move :)

Robin Mac said...

What a lovely piece, worth the trouble of all the unpicking! I have just caught up on your last post as well. You have been very busy. Who says you won't be around for the next Guild celebration? You will only be a youthful octogenarian by then! Cheers

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi, I'm loving your stuff, its fabulous and very inspiring !
I have just made my first felt piece and really enjoyed it !!
Its midnight, so must retire now, but plan to read alot of your blog tomorrow !
hugs
Chris richards
xx
http://ellascraftcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Sorry forgot to mention that I am a mini shnauzer fan as well, my little
naughty boy is called 'Max' !!!
hugs
chris richards
xx

Deb Lacativa said...

the "reborn" is quite magical!

Elizabeth said...

Such a stunning piece!!! SO sorry you were confined to your beach but you could not leave your little girl alone!!!! Stunning work as always!! Hugs!

5 Ladybird Lane said...

It's amazing how different it looks on a neutral background, definitely worth the extra work. Really beautiful. Looking at your beach photos - I think there's something special about a cool day in autumn and a deserted beach. (better than overcrowding on the one hot day of the year) sarah

Carol Rigby said...

What a beautiful piece youe are soooo talented.

Heather said...

I loved the original but can see that it does look even better on the neutral background - clever you for knowing what was needed.
That beach looks so inviting and why are a few rocks, pebbles, a bit of seeweed and a feather so beautiful? But they are. Love to Hetty.

Margaret Applin said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! This piece is absolutely breathtaking!!! Beautiful work, as always!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work! So unusual :)

Wendy said...

Yet another stunning piece of work! Gorgeous, it could look at it for ages.

Marga said...

Really, really, beautiful! gr.
Marga

Sarah Anderson said...

oh WoW! Absolutely stunning!!!!!!

Anna said...

What a fabulous piece of work, well done for unpicking and redoing it!!

Anonymous said...

The unpicker tool is an unsung hero - couldn't manage without it!

You were absolutely right to re-do that piece and it looks terrific.

Beaches are inspiring and wonderful places, no matter where they are in the world - love 'em.

Karen said...

beautiful piece Jackie. I have a book you would love....Bloomsbury Rooms...about the Bloomsbury Group and Charleston.
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Thimble Fingers said...

Wonderful piece of work!

Living to work - working to live said...

This reminds me of a piece of Jacobean crewel work. It is lovely. I enjoy your blog when I pop by from time to time and love the way you use the felt.

Charleston Farmhouse is a very inspiring place, isn't it?

Hilary G

Lykkagard vom Stettiner Haff said...

wunderbar umgesetzt

Zdolność-tworzenia said...

Piękna inspiracja i wykonanie.

Virginia said...

Your work is stunning! I do wish I was close enough to learn from you, you are the master - or should that be Mistress - of your craft. Thank you for sharing your work,

Kat Campau said...

This picture looks like your delightful brooches.



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.