Saturday 8 October 2011

Its that time again

 Yes here I go again! Craft fairs approach. I may have three in the offing, and as well as that I have Gallery Commitments, so its all systems go here in my little sewing den. I would love to call it a studio but lets face it, its the spare room.
I've been limbering up with a few colourful paisley pieces. It takes me ages to get into the swing of things and these started in a bit of a forced way but eventually became more fluent.
I do so love choosing the colours and matching the threads and felt.
And then I went a bit 'off piste' with a scrap of leftover velvet, a prototype that needs refining.
Maybe there'll be more of these but I'll have to see. Thats why blogging is so useful , the feedback is invaluable. Thank you everyone for your comments. I have 761  762 followers now. I can't believe it. 
Thank you all for signing up.
I based this one on the shapes of some of the leaves at Charleston. 

A few weeks ago I had a mystery envelope through the letterbox.
 Nothing on the back and I didn't recognise the writing.
 On opening it up I found this delightful little envelope..still no wiser....then inside that
 was a beautiful piece of writing paper and even then I didn't quite realise what it was.
 All that was written on it was...............
 Then there was the tissue wrapped parcel and it began to dawn on me.......
 How exciting! I'd won the giveaway on Karens blog a few weeks earlier and had forgotten about it so it was extra surprising to find this delightful, exquisite little 'sketch book page' inside.
 There is so much work in this precious little sheet of paper. Perfect embroidery stitches a pricked pattern, around a beautiful circle of fine pink flowery fabric.
 How amazing. If you don't know Karen's blog do go and have a look at all the delicious works of stitched art there. Everyone has hours and hours of beautiful hand stitching in it and she uses gorgeous materials. There are even classes so you try your hand at stitching along with her. Thank you Karen. I won't be putting it in the bottom of the cat litter tray as you suggested!


Off I go to get into full production mode.   

Thanks for reading and commenting.

29 comments:

Radka said...

I love the colours you are using:)

Rachel said...

I too love the colours, and the new shape is an interesting development..

chocolatefrog said...

Glorious colours and textures! Good luck with the craft fairs, I haven't tried those but I'm spending this w/e and next in my garage turned Art Trail gallery! Brr. The things we do for our art...

Karen said...

you are very welcome Miss Cardy!! and thanks for heaping praise upon me....now let me see...did you use the B word????

Yvonne Moxon said...

Oh they are beautiful Jackie, and lucky you for wining such a beautiful little book by Karen, her work is stunning. I too was very lucky to two of her wonderful buttons they are a treasure I do intend to use them but on what I havent decided!
Good luck with the fairs!

Els said...

Hi Jackie, I'm so glad you're back into "production mode" ... (but be careful ... you know! don't let it get to you !!)
Love your paisley leaves: really in full swing again ;-)

Clare Wassermann said...

Anhui so lovely to see those sumptuous pieces re-emerging! xx

Monica said...

beautiful work, love the colors.

Robin Mac said...

Those gorgeous pieces don't look a bit forced to me - the new shape is intereting, but I confess to loving the old leaf shapes. Good luck withthe fairs. Your prize fron Karen is sooo beautiful, I have now added her blog list to my favourites to follow. I love the way we can wander through blogland. cheers

Carol Q said...

ooh Jackie - I wish I could get to one of your craft fairs - they are JUST gorgeous! (and lucky you owning some of karen's work too)

Sandy said...

Yummy pieces. They will sell very well.

Unknown said...

Pretty paisley pieces!
Love your proto-piece too; funny how a slight change can seem so different. But, experimentation is so fun, especially when it leads to brilliance!

lilylovekin said...

Delicious jewel tones and wonderful shapes. Don't let this busy season get to you, pace yourself.

Daisie said...

We all love the 'prototype' the boys said it looks like a rocket!! x

Heather said...

A post full of gorgeousness - love the paisley leaf shapes and their colours - jewel-like yet subtle at the same time. The new shape is unusual, distinctive and very attractive.
Your little giveaway page is exquisite and so beautifully presented.
Happy stitching and good luck with the Craft Fairs. Don't work too hard!

artymess said...

these are gorgeous as always .....loving that leaf inspired by Charleston.....x

Patty Biermans said...

These colors!!!! They make my day looking at them. I always think of knights and fair ladies :)). hugzz...peebee

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous new work, I adore the colours :)

Silke tauscht said...

I love the shapes and the wonderful autumn colours of yor pieces !
Great work again.
The price you got from Karen is very beautiful!

Twiglet said...

Good luck wih your production line and I hope your craft fairs go really well.

millefeuilles said...

Such beauty! The colours and, of course, the attention to detail are worthy of Nature's artistic skills.

Keep going! ;-)

Shoshi said...

Mouth-wateringly gorgeous as usual, Jackie!!

silverpebble said...

Your new designs are jewel-like. So beautiful.

Jan said...

Been catching up on your blog a bit just now. Loved your "tutorial" Very good point out of how much effort goes into your work. They look so simple and yet take sooo many hours! Love your pumpkins and these latest brooches. The new shape resembles (slightly) a fish and the next one a bird. As always, your work is so lovely and fun and inspiring. Keep it up! And keep those lip corners up too!

Oh, I almost forgot to say how lovely your gift is, I shall have to check out Karen's blog, she is very talented.

Lynette (NZ) said...

Beautiful work - especially like that green leaf with the uneven sides. Thanks also for the link to Karen - very inspiring

Gina said...

Such gorgeous colours and texture in those leaf brooches... especially when they are all piled up together

Maggi said...

Good luck with the craft fairs. I love the colours that you re using. I really like the new shape by the way

Anonymous said...

uaaaaaauuu! Lovely colors, lovely designs!

365 Dresses said...

I don't know why I've never seen your blog before! Beautiful textile art.



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.