Friday 15 March 2013

Moving on..

This is the progress I've made with the piece I started before I went to Ireland.
If I hadn't already committed myself to this, there might have been pictures inspired by the Burren here today. 
However I've added some bits of seaweed




 and incorporated most of the pieces I made earlier, although one old and one new didn't make the final cut so to speak.

 I'm quite pleased with some of the new pieces. I particularly like this squiddy-bit for the way the different colours of felt have separated nicely into panels with the stitched lines.


 It took AGES of moving and placing and trying and re-trying to get all these into some sort of pleasing composition but once I 'let go' of two pieces it came together well.


 I have to confess that I used dabs of fabric glue to hold them in place before stitching them  down.


Then finally added the finishing touches with some hand stitch.


Thats the really fun bit but sometimes I just don't know when to stop!

I think Its finished now.

But as usual mounting is an issue. 
(I am having a very discerning visitor today so I shall ask her advice)

24 comments:

dottycookie said...

Fascinating to see the evolution of a piece!

Maggi said...

Lovely to see how this piece came together.

crazydazy said...

beautiful subtle colours, ali

Twiglet said...

Oh you clever thing! It's beautiful. x Jo

Magic Bean said...

Oh my. That is just stunning. Fabulous colurs and amazing stitchiness, Ax

FeltersJourney said...

I love this piece! x

Su said...

It's lovely, such subtle colours and detail

Rachel said...

I always find propping pieces somewhere I'll spot them occasionally is good for deciding whether they're finished..

Anonymous said...

I love this! I am very interested to see what you decide to do with mounting. Please be sure to show us.

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful and I am getting lots of inspiration. I must get my sewing machine out in a while...

Heather said...

So beautiful and all the soft colours of the Burren. I love the way the tips of some pieces protrude over the edge of the background fabric.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love how the work spills over onto the matting - and the colours are spectacular together. I love it!!

sharon young said...

I love this new direction in your work, it's been really inspiring seeing how you got to the final piece which is gorgeous.

Living to work - working to live said...

This is a stunning piece.

silverpebble said...

Utterly exquisite, Jackie. I have been desperately looking for frames for the collaborative pictures you sent through. Haven't found the right designs yet. When I do I'll blog about them - they're beyond wonderful.

Rosie said...

Fabulous - you've really captured something there, and the colours are so subtle and clever.

Gabriela said...

These are fantastic!!!!!!!!love the colors...

Anna said...

I really enjoyed seeing your work come together into a beautiful piece, such lovely colours.

Unknown said...

Wah! Jackie! I am a flying fish over this piece, esp. the squiddy bits. Will be interested in how you decide to mount it. Bravo! -sus

Pam said...

Oh Jackie! It's so very beautiful, as your work usually is! I imagine it might be hard trying to work out to mount something like this, but I'm sure you'll nut it out with fabulous results! ♥

Lin said...

Lovely piece of work Jackie and such beautiful sbtle colouring

Vicki said...

Sooo beautiful! The colours are incredible.

Love the little coloured "bubbles" sprinkled throughout too :)

Unknown said...

Jackie, wow! What a panel! it's something weird and fascinating, abstract but clear. Perfect work!

Linda Vincent said...

Looks perfect Jackie; you got it just right. And what a great colour scheme...very inspiring.x



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.