Sunday 26 April 2009

The Northwest Regional Day

Saturday was the North West Regional Day of the the Embroiderers' Guild at the Rheged Centre near Penrith.
I had a good day. I actually managed to remember it for a start.
(Last year I was still in bed when the phone rang to tell me the coach was waiting for me at the motorway services about 8 miles away. This would not have been quite so bad had I not been the one insisting that the coach call in at the motorway services to pick me up)

I met Maggie Grey again and really enjoyed her talk on Celtic Inspirations, in which she showed one of my pieces.
Fame.
Then, I won second prize in the coats anchor competition with this piece, which you saw last year.
(The top picture is truer in colour to the original)


Here's the whole thing.

I managed not to offend anyone (I think).
Although I was a bit tactless at one point.

I got to actually hold a lovely piece made by Purple Missus, and saw some dead catalogue art too!

Now when I tagged a few bloggers the other week I certainly didn't expect this!
Edit: its fun do go and look. (I wasn't shocked Cathy!)

Do you have stat counter? Its very interesting and my favourite bit is 'came from' which shows you where readers have ..well you guessed it..come from. Its so lovely to find links to your blog and I am humbled by some of them.
People I don't know linking others to my blog.
Thank you .
Yesterday I discovered a lot of visitors from katafoltok I have popped in quite a few times but unfortunately I don't understand the language of the blog. I do understand that she has made some beautiful cuffs in velvet. I did a 'translate' but it only gave me a very rough idea of the meaning. For example, do you know what a 'vernal quiltnet' is?
I thought not.

17 comments:

Jude said...

I wish I could find out whether bloggers come to visit me or not.My stat counter ticks along quite quickly sometimes and I'd like to know who's peeking and not leaving comments. Also how do some people get so many...I mean so many..followers? Crystal Jigsaw has hundreds and hundreds!!I enjoy her blog, don't get me wrong....but but but how!!
Sorry, Jackie, congratulations on coming 2nd, well done, I'm pleased for you, you deserve it.

menopausalmusing said...

You were robbed! Should have got first!
Glad you weren't shocked re the seven facts thingie and that I'm still on the Christmas Card List. Took me ages finding the photos. Terrible job, but as they say: "Someone's got to do it!". xx

hens teeth said...

Congratulations my dear friend.

Heather said...

I know what a vernal equinox is but that's not quite the same, is it? Congratulations on your Coates prize and glad you had a great day.

Kitty said...

Congratulations! Both on remembering the event, and on winning second prize. All I can say is that the winner must have been extremely special.

Statcounter ... ah yes, I do have it. My favourite bit is the 'keyword analysis' - always raises a chuckle or two.

x

maggik1 said...

Now that I know I'm not anonymous all I've got left to say is thanks for the link to MM! LOL! Ann was thrilled about the YE - please will you bring the 'stifficate' on Saturday? It's in your bag? I'm shattered today - but then I'm so much older than you, you little 'spring chicken'!!!

Jackie said...

Margaret..I wish I was.
Yes, I found it.

Jo Hopwood said...

What a beautiful piece of work! Congratulations from a fellow Lancashire Lass :-)

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Fantastic work Jackie, well done on your prize, your work is beautiful.
XX

Victoria said...

Congrats!
(And that link to your tagged friend was a hoot!!)

Jan said...

Congratulations on your prize, I love this piece. What is it made on? some kind of painted stuff? Lutradur? Love it.

from Jan in Oregon USA

katafolt said...

Congratulations,Jackie !

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

Second???!!! Where did they find the idiots to do the judging? Second indeed! :O)

Gina said...

Well done on both your prize (why not first?) and on not offending anyone. Thanks for the link to Cathy.. very funny.

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you received second place for your amazing and inspiring piece! Well done! What fun you must have had!
~emily x

Unknown said...

well done, Jackie, lovely work, I wish I could have been at the regional day (even though it's not my region any more).

Dot said...

Congratulations on winning 2nd prize Jackie. And for attending this year (sounds like the sort of thing I would do).

Mmmm...I am not sure what a vernal quiltnet is either - sounds interesting though!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.