Monday 5 November 2012

It's what blogging's for....


.......to keep a record of a sunny Sunday walk.

 Tree tunnels and friends..


 richly coloured moors


blue skies


feathery dozing trees


 silvery seedheads


 and a joyous little dog with a white triangle at the back.

Our boots were heavy with mud but our hearts were light.




 Monday's walk. Totally different .
Just me, with Hetty on her lead.
The gloating autonomous Jools sitting on the compost bin watching us set off.


 And what does Hetty spy in the next field?


 She needs to investigate further. I think her feet may be off the ground here.



 Oo er...


 And they're off.


But they are as nosey as she is and look at her from a safe distance.


 Creeping back gradually.


There's nothing quite like a sheepish stare.

Then back towards home...my house  (Or at least the roof) across the road is just in the centre...red brick with 3 chimneys. Our half is hidden behind the tree.


We leave the sheep to safely graze under the wide moorland sky.


Two glorious sunny days.

24 comments:

Elizabeth Armstrong said...

Perfect - Just Perfect!

Dot said...

You live in such a beautiful part of the world Jackie. These photo's are just stunning. Love the shots of Hetty in action and the sheep too!
Dot xx

Marigold Jam said...

I feel invigorated just reading this. Stunning views and lovely photos.

Living to work - working to live said...

Indeed what is blogging for?

I am envious of your house - what a glorious position!

Carol Rigby said...

Autumn is my favourite season thanks for sharing your lovely pic's with us.

Heather said...

You have captured some of my favourite things in your lovely photographs Jackie - thanks for sharing them with us. I love the moors and tree tunnels, especially when they grow over very old lanes and pathways.
Love Hetty's reaction to the sight of sheep. Perhaps she could get a part-time job as a sheep dog! Or maybe she just wants to see them run.

Rosie said...

Thank you for sharing this journey - it was a delight to follow you. Especially on a day when I'm stuck inside with the rain outside and the ironing to do ...

Rachel said...

Lovely to see the sunshine, isn't it!

Twiglet said...

Glorious photos - thanks for sharing. x Jo

Carol Q said...

Fabulous photos Jackie. Makes you feel good just looking at them.

Jill said...

Thank you - perfect blog - a little insight into your life, a glimpse of your surroundings and a beautiful set of photographs.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful setting for your home! Hetty is so lucky to have a wonderful walk on her doorstep. Thank you for sharing your photos - I could almost smell the fresh air.

Carol said...

How lovely! Wish I was there to walk with oyu!

Jeanette, Mistress of Longears said...

Such a glorious post! Nothing can beat sunshine and a four-legged companion on an autumn day!

Robin Mac said...

Beautiful Jacky, What a lovely place for walking. Cheers

Anonymous said...

how fun to see 'your backyard'... easy to see where some of your color inspiration comes from.

Kim said...

What stunning scenery!

Anna said...

Thankyou for sharing the lovely photos, what a beautiful place to live!!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful views, and they seem so calm and serene. I wish I would see the sights with my own eyes...

Linda Vincent said...

What a lovely story...so enjoyable! (Very well illustrated too ;-) )
You live in a beautiful place...
X

Kat Campau said...

I think a hobbit might be just out of sight in the leafy tunnel. That looks like the place fairy tales come from.

Kat Campau said...

I think a hobbit might be just out of sight in the leafy tunnel. That looks like the place fairy tales come from.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Jackie. Amazing photos and I liked seeing where you live. I used to think I lived in the country, but now the big city is encroaching. Looks like you won't be having that problem!
best, nadia

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Thanks for taking us on such a lovely walk. Your pictures are great!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.