Thursday 13 November 2014

November.

My goodness its a long time since I posted.

Thank you all for the lovely comments and support I get here even though I hardly go round and read other blogs. I spend far too much time on Facebook...

I've been working hard making stuff for galleries and for my etsy shop, and been kept quite busy running up and down to the post office which is a good thing.

But now I've nothing pressing to do and i hate to say it but I'm BORED!!

Bored bored bored. I think it must be the November gloom because I can't be bothered to do anything.

I should of course be sorting through my sewing room and getting rid of junk.

I could be cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, catching up on the ironing, tidying the awful  full-of -junk 'side' bedroom but I'm not.

I had a little play when I'd finished the brooches, mainly because I've run out of brooch backs, making a 'decoration'.

Here it is in a really bad photo.

I've got it as a giveaway over on my facebook page. I'm choosing from the 'likes' on the picture and there are 500 so far! I think I'll have to do a random number generator or I'll be all week making raffle tickets. Then I feel sad for the other 499 or however many that won't have won.

Nothing interesting has happened in my life since the last post unless you count the day I went to for a clinic appointment to the hospital.

It took me half an hour to park the car, which I finally dumped 5 minutes walk away, in a housing estate, then I went to one department after another (have you seen those tv programmes where they tag a cat and track its route with red lines on a map?  It was like that ) until I was finally told to go to one about as far from the main entrance as you can get,  then back to the pharmacy which is by the main entrance.

Before I went back to the car I called in Booths (In case you don't know, thats the heavenliest supermarket in the Northwest..even their Christmas catalogues are fabric bound with gold lettering) and bought myself a pack of stollen slices and a bag of crisps which I ate on the way home.

I had completely forgotten I was going for a cholesterol test the day after ..so I took two statins before bed time and it came back perfect. (Is that cheating?)

That might be too much information.

But if I told you what the clinic was in preparation for, it definitely would be.

Suffice it to say that from 7pm one day in two weeks time, I won't be sitting watching tv for any long stretches of time .

Oh Joy.
Something to look forward to anyway.

So here's some pics of my Christmas brooches.
Enjoy.







OH HANG ON A MINUTE.....I've just remembered something.

I'm in a lovely book.


I'm so honoured to be among some wonderful textile artists.

Here's my page.
Its a very inspiring book.




Hetty is unconcerned. All she wants is the back of the sofa and a bit of sunshine through the window.





17 comments:

Virginia said...

Congratulations Jackie! I must look out for the book, it looks beautifullly produced. I do hope the hospital procedure will not be too unpleasant and you'll be firing on all cylinders for Christmas! Hetty will look after you well I'm sure!

WendyCarole said...

I shall look out for the book. I love your Christmassy brooches. Hope the hospital procedure is not too unpleasant.

Anonymous said...

How lovely your pages look in the book - well done!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There's a whole new avenue for your beautiful felted pieces - Christmas ornaments. They would look perfect on a tree. As for the 'dreaded procedure' I think we can guess what it is and methinks there should be another stop afterwards for some treats as a reward.

Terri said...

Congrats on the book inclusion! How exciting. Your brooches are gorgeous!
Hugs

Erica said...

I have just watched the YouTube promotion for the book. Gorgeous! Congratulations on being selected to showcase your work in it. Hope you become un-bored really soon. And best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery from your surgery. Hi Hetty! Look after Jackie!

sharon young said...

Congratulations for your entry in this sumptuous looking book, very well done, you deserve the accolade, your work is scrumptious.
I know just what you mean about being bored, I feel that too, I have lots of unfinished stuff and new projects I could get on with, but none of them appeal, except for my sketching which I seem to be becoming more and more obsessed with!
Sorry you had such a run around at the hospital, it can be a very frustrating experience.

Gina said...

Love the little heart and well done on the book! Looks good!

Maggi said...

I really like the decorations and good for you, being included int he book. I often think that the November lethargy is brought about by the fact that we realise that the winter really is beginning to bite - no going back - and it can take a while to accept that.

vintagerockchick said...

That heart is so lovely - I don't do Facebook or I'd try to be one out of 100! I'm doing some bloggy catching up, so can I also say the Venice inspired piece for 'Wyn' is gorgeous too. Well done with the book and good luck with the op, Gill x

Anonymous said...

I love the ornament, but I can't find your facebook page.

Rachel said...

It looks like a lovely book indeed - cocngratulations!

Iz said...

I love this post! I think I can guess the hospital procedure...hope all goes well, not a lot of fun! And the brooches and new dangly heart are lovely x

FeltersJourney said...

Beautiful brooches, and I LOVE the Christmas decoration!

Good luck with your procedure.. hope you have a quick recovery.

Great pics of Hetty :)
xx

Linda Vincent said...

Wow.....the book pages look fantastic Jackie, congratulations.
I'll be thinking of you this week (I had similar done two weeks ago...poss other end ;-) ....the staff are always so lovely - which helps a lot)
Love the hanging hearts......especially that gorgeous brown one, haha.

Alice G said...

Hello Jackie,
I just found your blog via a Pinterest picture. I am enjoying reading about you and your process.
I live in the US, so I love seeing all the pictures of people and places that I can't travel to. It is so nice to live in a time that includes the internet and the ability to see fabulous artists and their work!
I hope that your operation is over and just a dim memory.
Can't wait to see more of your work.
Sincerely,
Alice from Pennsylvania

Jackie said...

Hi Alice g. I can't find a way to reply except here. Thank you and yes I'm fine..and...I really must do another post soon!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.