Saturday 13 July 2013

For the record.


This is so that I remember the gorgeous weather we are having.
I wonder if we'll look back on this Summer as fantastic or not? It certainly took a long time to get started..I can remember wearing an anorak and wellies at the beginning of June and putting the heating on. But we really can't complain at the moment. 
The felt group , last Friday took full advantage of the sunshine and went out for lunch to The Glass House at Stydd Gardens near Longridge. 
Here are some pictures to try to convey the atmosphere.






 Here's my Goats cheese tartlet.
 And smoked salmon pate

Back at the Village hall I was working on mounting my finished stitched pieces.














Rather wordless post.
Hope you enjoyed it.

14 comments:

Carol Q said...

beautiful on all counts Jackie.

jinxxxygirl said...

Loved all the pictures in this wordless post! :) I did wonder how do you mount your finished stitched pieces??

Aaah to have your weather! I pinky swear i would never complain! :) Hugs! deb

Miriam Weaver said...

A lovely post words are not needed :-)

Heather said...

What an idyllic setting - it speaks for itself in your lovely photos.
If this is all we get this year I think it would count as a good summer, especially after the late start and memories of last year.
You have mounted your pieces beautifully and know just where to add stitch for maximum effect.

Maggi said...

Beautiful gardens and your pieces look so lovely. Hope the exhibition goes well.

Rachel said...

Lovely to see details of your work - looking good!

Kate Fernyhough said...

your work looks gorgeous

ferinn said...

A beautiful setting and some absolutely beautiful work.athey are so rich,your felt keeps getting better and better.How do you do it?

Linda Vincent said...

Yes I did enjoy it Jackie :-)
What a lovely place you visited...and the food looks fab!
Your latest pieces are very special; I'd love to see them in real life. xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yum - that tart looks positively delicious and eating it in those surroundings wouldn't be a hardship at all.

Unknown said...

WOW!!!

sharon young said...

Lunch looks so wonderful, it's making me hungry.
I love the closeups of your felted pieces the colours and stitch work so well together.

Rosie said...

Those felt pieces have turned out absolutely awesomely wonderful! I love where you are taking the techniques you recently learned. Am also resolved to make haste to the gorgeous glasshouse, which I didn't know about before.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Beautiful work !



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.