Tuesday 4 November 2008

Not for the squeamish.

Other bloggers have parcels through the post containing wonderful colourful treasures.
Here's what I received on Saturday.

This note and two very large disposable nappies from my friend who works in a school for children with severe learning difficulties.

Don't worry they're not for me...but for this old girl.
I have been at my wits end with a bedwetting dog.


I tried a 'Pampers' with a strategically placed hole for her tail but she wagged it off.
The larger version in the parcel was a great success..one wet nappy, one dry bed, one very confused dog.
Are you horrified?
Yesterday we took her to the vets and discovered she has severe osteo arthritis in her spine which is causing the other problem so she was prescribed painkillers.
We paid extra for the palatable variety.
Unfortunately she doesn't find them so.
I got one out of the bottle and put it on the table, went to fetch Willow and when I got back the cat had eaten it.
It was the size of a Scrabble tile.
I won't describe the consequences.


Now for something nice.
Quite some time ago I visited one of my favourite blogs and found I had won a giveaway.
I didn't take a very good picture of it so click that link to see it.
That was a lovely surprise and I wanted to say a public thank you to Caroline Inckle who's artwork I really enjoy, especially her embroideries.
They have a magical and enchanting quality and reflect the mysterious northern land she lives in.
They give me the same kind of feeling I had when I first read 'Moominland Midwinter'.
Just have a look through these posts.
Thank you for all the really lovely comments you have been leaving.
I've sold one of my silver cuffs three times over.
Embroidery next post.
(Green.)

13 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Sorry to here about your dog.
Yes I love Caroline's embroidery too.
P.S Hope your cats OK!

Daisie said...

An incontinent dog and a stoned cat, blimey, tght my house was exciting!!
Hope everyone's ok again soon!
xxx

Daisie said...

me again, of course I meant thought, not tght, bloody typo, sorry!
xxx

Kitty said...

Awww, poor dog :-( The indignity of nappies ... I suppose it'll come to us all *sigh*

I'm worried about the cat though - is he/she ok? :-O

Caroline's embroidery is stunning - I've never seen her work before, so thanks for the link, and congratulations on winning the giveaway.

x

alice c said...

Poppy would like to recommend her favourite bacon sushi recipe. She accepts that it has to have a pill in the middle but who cares when you have organic streaky bacon wrapped around the pill.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my...I don't know who to feel sorrier for...the poor dog, or the cat, or you. Our dog (llasa/shitszu) has arthritis and the vet 'prescribed' liquid Glucosamine (we put 1/2 teaspoon on her food) and it has done wonders for her.
Congrats on winning the draw!

Threadspider said...

Lovely to catch up with your doings and with Caroline's lovely work, nad I hope the poor old dog is not too bad. Been there-it's sad to see in a much loved old faithful.

Chris Gray said...

We have a Rottweiler that pee's too - but found that a human pill called "Ovestin" works really well. Just 1-2 mg each day, and no more puddles or damp patches. They are expensive to get from the vet, but if you want an address to get some, let me know and I'll post the URL for you. (Less than a third of vet prices!)

Until then, Happy-Nappies.

x Chris

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for saying such lovely things about me Jackie.
I'm all touched!
I love the silver series by the way beautiful. silver silk yummie!!
CX

Anonymous said...

Oo and I forgot to say, Hope the cat and dog are coping well.
I think there is a gap in the market there for doggy dipers. I look forward to seeing you on dragons den next year : )
Cx

Deb Lacativa said...

At once hilarious and heartbreaking.I hope you find a workable solution, and hope the cat won't need to go into rehab!

Chris Daly said...

Oh poor Willow, poor cat. I hope the are both feeling better today.

Victoria said...

I hope your pooch is doing better, Jackie, (and your cat too, what a sight that must have been.) Thanks so much for your no nonsense, get a grip words of wisdom in regards to my Mo. It actually helped me very much! She did much better today, and frankly is getting a bit annoyed by all of my obsessive worrying and hovering. Hope the scrabble tile sized pills soon fix your sweet dogs arthritis, and here's hoping your cat doesn't turn to a life of crime to feed its new drug habit!



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.