Saturday 29 November 2008

Brrr!




Last week I was working on these brooches (when I wasn't having problems!)
This picture is for Sally.
Its lime green with a pale orange background.
The knitting needles have nothing to do with anything they were just out on the table.

Then today was gorgeous. We don't often get really cold sunny days and they are so picturesque I just had to get out for a walk.


The day reminded me of 'The Eve of St Agnes' by Keats. Another snippet from my remembered store:

'St. Agnes' Eve--Ah, bitter chill it was!
The owl, for all his feathers, was a-cold;
The hare limp'd trembling through the frozen grass,
And silent was the flock in woolly fold: '



The focus in this next picture is all wrong but it gives the right impression.
There are more pictures of today's walk on Flickr. The link is below the pic.


Brrr!, originally uploaded by dogdaisy92.

Last week I sent a parcel to a lady in Hawaii.
We joked about the differences in our climates at the moment and I was a weeny bit envious of the blue sky and sunshine they were having.
But on a day like today I wouldn't swap.
A wonderful beautiful cold English Winters day.

16 comments:

Gretel said...

Oh lovely! We have't had any really hard frost so far, it is simply beautiful.

Kitty said...

Love the frosty photo, but it didn't feel beautiful when I was stood at the side of a football pitch at stupid o'clock to cheer on No.2 and his team! :-O x

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

That is so pretty Jackie!

Threadspider said...

That's an inspirational image Jacky. Makes up for the grey misery here.

maria said...

That's a beautiful picture. Has it given you any textile inspiration?

Gina said...

Absolutely beautiful Jackie. And the poem brought me right back to O levels... it was one of our set pieces... and I remembered all the lines!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Beautiful and inspiring.x

Lindsey said...

You're so right. Am popping over to Flickr to see all your beautiful photos. Also going to Google St Agnes. What a lovely poem.

Chris Daly said...

What beautiful shots. Lucky you! We are waiting for snow to arrive, again. BRRR.

maggik1 said...

Lovely picture - and what a beautiful day it's been. Someone had sprayed the world - and my car - white this morning. I sang all the way to church. Won't want to when I have to go out again for our Advent Service tonight. It's cold and dark and the car will be frozen again ...

hens teeth said...

Hello my dear friend ~ so glad you have all enjoyed a beautiful day.

Anonymous said...

It's been really frosty like that up here in Inverness too. I love it when it's like this, so much better than cold and wet!
Cx

Wabbit said...

Oh I simply adore days like that! A cold day here is 50 degrees and it's sunny nearly every day. I end up mocking myself for enjoying it when I'm really longing for snow! HUGS!

rivergardenstudio said...

Your blustery walk sounds wonderful. I love your countryside and your photographs take me there! Roxanne

Victoria said...

Beautiful pics! That frost covered plant picture is the best!

'fancypicnic' said...

Gorgeously beautiful brooch - and I love those frosty pics! BRRR indeed!

A ha....four items a day...I see...I knew that already....



Mo
st of my pictures can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Dear Anonymous.....

....don't waste your time...I have a spam filter.